We are working closely with the Department of Education, Sport and Culture (DESC), Isle of Man (IOM) Government and Public Health to ensure we take every precaution to maintain the health and safety of our students and staff.
The IOM Government has recently announced that from midnight Wednesday 3rd March 2021, the Isle of Man will move into a 3-week circuit break lockdown to prevent the further spread of COVID-19.
This includes the re-introduction of social distancing, working from home and the closure of schools, university college and non-essential services. Please see the IOM Government website for details.
Please see current key updates relating to University College Isle of Man’s (UCM) classes, exams and operations.
- From 4pm on Tuesday 2nd March and for the duration of the lockdown:
- All face-to-face classes have been suspended. This relates to all further education, higher education, upskilling, professional, adult continuing education courses (leisure) and prison education with only a few exceptions (see below). Classes will instead be done remotely (where possible); please contact your tutor directly for further details.
- Our customer-facing businesses: Cristory’s, Synnova Salon and Annie Gill have been temporarily closed.
- From Wednesday 3rd March and for the duration of the lockdown:
- Homefield Road campus is opened for restricted access only, upon prior agreement.
- All other campuses are closed for students.
- Events planned for this week, including Engineering Careers Event on 2nd March, Engineering Skills Test and Football Studies Information Evening on 3rd March will be rescheduled.
MESSAGE TO STUDENTS
We are regularly communicating with our students; if you have missed any of our communications, please see below the list of messages to students.
If you are a Manx student currently studying in the UK or beyond and are returning to the Island and/or reconsidering your study options, we can offer support for your studies in a number of ways. See here for more information.
Some exams will still continue during the lockdown and we will contact respective students directly. Please see here for any updates.
FREE SCHOOL MEALS
DESC will be sending out vouchers to all those entitled to free school meals.
See here for information on ItsLearning, library e-resources and free e-resources.
ADVICE AND SUPPORT
If you have any further worries or concerns which are not related to your course, or if the current situation is making you feel anxious, please call Student Services on 400555/ 648305 or email email@example.com
THANK YOU AND STAY SAFE
Stay safe and care for one another as we go through a very difficult period.