University College Isle of Man (UCM) has launched #UCMLive, which are live Q&A sessions streamed on the UCM Facebook page, YouTube channel and website every Monday and Friday at 12.30pm.
During these sessions, which will focus on a particular topic or subject area, students or parents will have the opportunity to post any questions including online learning, assessments, apprenticeship, funding or applying for a course.
Jo Pretty, Principal of UCM explained that because the current pandemic has restricted personal face-to-face communication between UCM staff and students, these live sessions aim to give students the opportunity to ask any questions relating to their studies.
“We are also aware that there are students who are considering to further their studies next year and are worried about the impact of the pandemic on the future of their education. We would like to reassure them that we have a place for them at UCM and during these sessions, prospective students or their parents can ask us questions relating to this,” Jo urges to those who have not yet applied to get in touch with UCM soon.
During these sessions UCM will also be sharing more information about new courses that will be offered in the new academic term including Access to Higher Education and Music Performance & Production.
The upcoming #UCMLive sessions and topics are as follows:
- Friday 1st May - Student Services
- Monday 4th May - Construction
- Monday 11th May - Foundation Learning
- Friday 15th May - Art, Design & Media
- Monday 18th May - Engineering
- Friday 22nd May - Hairdressing, Beauty Therapy & Sport
- Friday 29th May - Access to Education
- Monday 1st June - Business, Administration & IT, Computing
- Friday 5th June - Hospitality & Catering
- Monday 8th June - Health, Social Care & Education
To join these sessions, please visit the UCM Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/UniversityCollegeIsleofMan/), UCM YouTube page (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVtWZKKmBJ-bB-Dx92B4UQ) or the UCM website (https://www.ucm.ac.im/events/ucmlive/), every Monday and Friday at 11am.