What sustainability means to us:
Sustainable development means that when meeting the needs of the present, we do not compromise the ability of future generations to meet their own needs. So being sustainable is about everything we do - we want to reduce our carbon footprint, use resources carefully, reuse and recycle.
We aim to:
- operate facilities and activities with minimum impact on the environment
- empower students and staff to be sustainable in their careers and lives
- contribute to knowledge transfer and research that assists our Island to be sustainable
When making any decision we will ask:
- Can we do this in a more sustainable way?
- What can we do to make this activity to more sustainably-positive?