CONGRATULATIONS on becoming a UCM student! We look forward to welcoming you on the first day of your course.
Online induction tutorials and the Student Handbook will already have given you some understanding of how College works, but you will find out much more once you get started and begin to get your bearings. The information on this page is designed to provide you with some basic information about things you may want to know before then and will hopefully reassure you that plenty of support is available to help you settle in to College quickly.
start dates for 2021-22
- First years: Thursday 2 September 2021
- Continuing students: Monday 6 September 2021
THE FIRST MORNING
A team from UCM will be on hand when you walk through the front door on your first day to greet you and make sure you know exactly where you are going.
- GETTING HERE
- Information about buses and costs can be found on the Isle of Man Transport website or you can call 662525. You can use your Student Card as ID on the buses.
- WHAT TO WEAR
- Unless you have been told to wear a uniform or to dress in a certain way by your course leader, we suggest just dressing in a way which is comfortable for you. Students here mostly dress casually so they can be comfortable moving, sitting and travelling to and from UCM. Some like to dress smartly and others enjoy being creative in the way they dress. It is entirely up to you!
- WHAT TO BRING
- For your course - some students are asked to bring specific items related to their course. Otherwise, bring a pen and some paper on your first day and you will be told about anything else you may need later (stationery can be bought at the UCM Reception).
- Food and drink - you can either bring a packed lunch or some money for a meal from our refectory or a snack from the Grab and Go Cafe or the vending machines. Free water is available throughout UCM. If you are entitled to free lunches you will be able to collect your meal card from Reception; you may be eligible if you are under 18 and you or your parent/carer receive certain benefits. For information on how to apply please see the Isle of Man Government website.